Nam-tso

IMG_0811
Originally uploaded by raindrop52.
Check out the pictures -- there's a ton, but I don't think I need to title each. They describe themselves.
I just let out a huge cough and waved my hands around in the air because this loud guy sitting next to me is smoking into my nose and mouth. I don't care if he sees me typing this.
Tips on bargaining for those who may need it:
1). Bargaining is an art, not a science. It's theatre, as is negotiating. Put on a face, mutter something, and test out what the vendor is thinking.
2). Less is not more. If you find a seller who has multiple objects/trinkets you want, then package those up and negotiate a price through the high quantity. You can lower the individual prices of the items.
3). Name a price around 75% lower than the selling price. Usually, the right range is around 50-60% anyway, so if you start out lower, you can work your way up slightly. If they're satisified with that 75% asking price, then, good job, or, oops, you could have gone lower.
4). The other guy is selling it for $$$. If you name a price and the current seller declines it, then let them know Bob, two aisles over, was selling it to you for $$$ amount. No, it's not lying, because you did actually visit that vendor. Only thing is, Bob's Buddha figurine was made of copper, not bronze.
5). Leave some cash at home. This will help you budget and be selective. Plus, if someone sells you something for X amount, you can always say, "No, it has to be this much less, because it's all I got." It's worked for me three times so far.
6). Don't be afraid to walk away. They'll throw their fishing line at you and crank you back in. Like I said, it's an art; you're the actor, making a scene, so let things flow until there are two winners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home