I feel violated...
Update: And I forgot to mention that it was not just the regular Latin greeting of meeting someone and kissing one on the cheek as a cultural thing. The guy's hand had started to gravitate to my pants pocket. Yes.
...I am usually on guard and very aware of people and things around me. But as I was walking to the market this afternoon, a 30-ish Argentinian man came up to me, out of nowhere, and kissed me on the cheek. I was like WTF but did not really say WTF because I do not know WTF in Spanish. The dude muttered something - probably perverted - proceeded to kiss my cheek and then walked off. Ma / Ba: you are probably reading this but don't worry, I am fine. I just thought it was shocking because it was in the middle of a pedestrian crosswalk with loads of people around.
Well, the Habitat peeps (of which I will describe in more detail later) and I are going to a Cinderella ballet tonight. I hope I don't fall asleep...because I took a nap at the last one I went to...
...I am usually on guard and very aware of people and things around me. But as I was walking to the market this afternoon, a 30-ish Argentinian man came up to me, out of nowhere, and kissed me on the cheek. I was like WTF but did not really say WTF because I do not know WTF in Spanish. The dude muttered something - probably perverted - proceeded to kiss my cheek and then walked off. Ma / Ba: you are probably reading this but don't worry, I am fine. I just thought it was shocking because it was in the middle of a pedestrian crosswalk with loads of people around.
Well, the Habitat peeps (of which I will describe in more detail later) and I are going to a Cinderella ballet tonight. I hope I don't fall asleep...because I took a nap at the last one I went to...

1 Comments:
ha ha, funny. pretty much the same thing happened to me when I was in Buenos Aires. But when a girl randomly kisses a guy, it's somehow romantic and not so disturbing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home