Santa Fe, Argentina
I am on the verge of peeing in my pants so I will keep this short.
1). I am now in Santa Fe, Argentina, approximately six hours northwest from Buenos Aires.
2). We completd Day 1 of our build in a 'shanty town' in Santa Fe where the monthly income for families is about 200 pesos, which converts to about $70 USD per month. People take odd jobs to make ends meet and to provide for their children.
3). #1 & 2 new additions to my resume: bricklayer and professional wheelbarrower. I went back and forth about 20 times moving bricks from one side of the street to the other. Furthermore, I laid bricks on top of each other.
4). #3 new addition to my resume: cement destroyer. I broke up big rocks into smaller rocks. I will even upload my hot, yellow hard hat plus fancy safety goggle-donned photos soon.
5). Most of the Habitat team members could be my parents or grandparents. All are extremely intelligent, interesting, and well-traveled people - having done all kinds of work. The ones I kick it more with are a Canadian girl a little older than I, plus a trio of Puerto Ricans who have funny Spanish and a wild sense of humor. But I have had a number of interesting conversations with a 78 year old man on his experiences in Mongolia to Bolivia, as well as learned from an M.I.T. Ph.D man of the intricacies of electric voltages and lighting.
6). Vino is starting to replace water...
7). i AM ABOUT TO BREAK INTO A SWEAT NOW AND NEED TO GO FIND EL BANO. WRITE MORE LATER. AND WILL UPLOAD PICS TOO. CHAU.
1). I am now in Santa Fe, Argentina, approximately six hours northwest from Buenos Aires.
2). We completd Day 1 of our build in a 'shanty town' in Santa Fe where the monthly income for families is about 200 pesos, which converts to about $70 USD per month. People take odd jobs to make ends meet and to provide for their children.
3). #1 & 2 new additions to my resume: bricklayer and professional wheelbarrower. I went back and forth about 20 times moving bricks from one side of the street to the other. Furthermore, I laid bricks on top of each other.
4). #3 new addition to my resume: cement destroyer. I broke up big rocks into smaller rocks. I will even upload my hot, yellow hard hat plus fancy safety goggle-donned photos soon.
5). Most of the Habitat team members could be my parents or grandparents. All are extremely intelligent, interesting, and well-traveled people - having done all kinds of work. The ones I kick it more with are a Canadian girl a little older than I, plus a trio of Puerto Ricans who have funny Spanish and a wild sense of humor. But I have had a number of interesting conversations with a 78 year old man on his experiences in Mongolia to Bolivia, as well as learned from an M.I.T. Ph.D man of the intricacies of electric voltages and lighting.
6). Vino is starting to replace water...
7). i AM ABOUT TO BREAK INTO A SWEAT NOW AND NEED TO GO FIND EL BANO. WRITE MORE LATER. AND WILL UPLOAD PICS TOO. CHAU.

1 Comments:
what does chau mean? do you mean ciao?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home