Bend, Oregon
Little less than one week after I returned home from South America, 12 friends and I drove up to the campy city of Bend, Oregon for a friend's wedding. On the scenic drive up, we passed Mt. Shasta and acres of trees and snow-capped mountains. It was a beautiful 10 hour drive that I would really not mind doing again. But pictures will have to wait as my external USB CF card reader is still at home.
So far, I have managed to be the first one to wake and go for an hour run each day. I think it's the best way to get to know the streets and neighborhoods in a new city. One of my favorite routes so far is a six-mile loop down the Deschutes River. I have literally run next to the bubbling river and large boulders. The trails are narrow but perfect for two people running next to one another.
This morning, after my run, I came home to a house filled with the aromas of bacon fat, scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins and tator tots. Daniel decided to cook all of us a full, breakfast-for-champions type of breakfast. My value-add was the organic sumatra coffee I grinded and blended. Mmmm.
The girls and Tibor headed to the outlets to do some shopping; we all managed to score something from the Nike store, though I'm sure Lauren, the bride, could have gotten us the same products for a ton cheaper (she works and is SPONSORED by them). Afterwards, we shopped for tonight's BBQ dinner and then headed to the bachelor pad for the last couple of quarters of the Cal v. Oregon State football game. Close game, but Cal came out on top. Go Bears!
Tomorrow is the wedding, but tonight we will be playing a few rounds of pong (beer and ping) before we hit the sack.
So far, I have managed to be the first one to wake and go for an hour run each day. I think it's the best way to get to know the streets and neighborhoods in a new city. One of my favorite routes so far is a six-mile loop down the Deschutes River. I have literally run next to the bubbling river and large boulders. The trails are narrow but perfect for two people running next to one another.
This morning, after my run, I came home to a house filled with the aromas of bacon fat, scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins and tator tots. Daniel decided to cook all of us a full, breakfast-for-champions type of breakfast. My value-add was the organic sumatra coffee I grinded and blended. Mmmm.
The girls and Tibor headed to the outlets to do some shopping; we all managed to score something from the Nike store, though I'm sure Lauren, the bride, could have gotten us the same products for a ton cheaper (she works and is SPONSORED by them). Afterwards, we shopped for tonight's BBQ dinner and then headed to the bachelor pad for the last couple of quarters of the Cal v. Oregon State football game. Close game, but Cal came out on top. Go Bears!
Tomorrow is the wedding, but tonight we will be playing a few rounds of pong (beer and ping) before we hit the sack.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home